Name:
Location: London, K&C, United Kingdom

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Crackdown on Yobs

So Mr. Blair says he will crackdown on yobs, that there is not enough respect in Britain today. And what does he propose? That they ban certain items of clothing! This pathetic suggestion will not solve the problem. Of course I am all in favour of making our young people dress properly once more (is a shirt with a collar and a decent pair of trousers too much to ask?) but what we really need is honesty. The youth of today are surrounded by violence in the school playground, the cinema, on the television, and most likely between their oafish parents. I have a very simple answer that they will undoubtedly understand: BRING BACK THE CANE!

3 Comments:

Anonymous JM said...

I have a very simple answer that they will undoubtedly understand: BRING BACK THE CANE!

Hmmm, I'm pretty right wing but I doubt that even I would go that far. In returning corporal punishment to schools you would in effect be giving teachers the right to inflict physical pain on pupils at whim without any sort of trial. I agree that something certanily need sto be done to restore discipline in schools but this seems to go a bit too far.

9:14 AM  
Blogger Pancroft said...

I am in two minds- I have never really been a great advocate, but discipline in schools is obviously got out of control. It is true to say that, in the 1950s, when we had the rope and the cane we had less murders and better school discipline...

7:10 AM  
Blogger Pleasant_Pastures said...

Why do they need a trial? How perfectly ridiculous. Are you one of these "human rights" people? I suspect you'll be signing away our rights by voting for the Euro-Constitution.

My father used to give me a whack across the face if I was out of line and it certainly did me no harm. Trial - my arse.

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home